Thursday, August 28, 2008

Workshop Recap

I'm running behind so here it goes: 3 in 1!

Day 2 of the workshop I didn't get to take any photos since I was the model for the mock bridal shoot. Please note the word model being used very loosely here as I couldn't think of a more appropriate one :). If you must, you can see photos from that day on Melissa's blog or Amelia's blog. Even though it was very cold, it was still a fun experience for me to be on the other side of the camera and be able to keep in mind what my clients go through. Not to mention I felt like I was on America's Next Top model when they have a swimsuit photo shoot in the middle of the winter! The other really funny part was the look I got from the locals and tourists. Everything from a wave, to a honk or a completely puzzled look! What is that bride doing laying down, why does she have 7 photographers taking pictures of her, and where is the groom? Ha!

Day 3 Arden and Brett went over their posing techniques. I mostly listened but didn't take many pictures.

Day 4 was super fun! We took each other's headshots and I had a blast. Amelia found a cool hat in the house we were staying in and it became quite the prop for our photo shoot. Hopefully she will post some of those photos on her blog soon.


Here are my favorites of each one:


My good friend Amelia (sans hat):


The super sweet Esther from Spain:


The Irish lad, Mark (I totally asked him if people in Ireland really say "top of the morning to ya" and he gave me a very emphatic no!):


Brandi from Arizona - How cute is she??:


Super stunning Trina from Utah:

That last night we went out on the town and it was soooo much fun! I didn't bring my camera - which Amelia and I vowed to never go anywhere again without a camera, we even toasted to it -so I need to wait until Trina gets me the pictures from that night. We shamelessly stole her camera throughout the night and also shamelessly posed for her throughout the night. I can wait to tell you all about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I have to post the hat pictures! I will totallky do that this weekend. I miss you sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I meant totally...

Unknown said...

Hi, my dear friend. I haven't had the time to visit your blog before, and I do love what I see here, totally!!
Miss you so...

Muchos besos :)
Esther

Anonymous said...

This trip looked like it was incredible! I love your photography Cristi! :)

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge