Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Other Martha


My sister 'affectionately" calls me Martha Stewart. We actually really don't have that much in common except for the fact that I love decorating and throwing parties. I'm really great when it comes to choosing the napkins, centerpieces, creating themes and even choosing the menu. However, that's where it ends. I have no other Martha Stewart like abilities. Or I guess I didn't know I had them. Ever since resigning from my job last week I've been cooking up a storm. With my mom on the phone giving me directions, but cooking up a storm nonetheless! I'm so proud!

When I opened up the oven today to check on my eggplant parmigiana I thought to myself "Oh my gosh, I made that! And it looks so good it could be on the pages of a Martha Stewart magazine". So I need to call my sister and tell her she was right all along. I do have a little bit more of Martha in me than what I used to believe.

One un-Martha incident I had today was to open the oven and stick my whole face in there right away. Don't do it. It hurts. I thought I had burned my eyeballs out. Don't worry though, I can still see just fine.


If you are reading this and you don't know me you are probably thinking What's the big deal? right? Well, let me tell I've been married for 5 years and this is the first time ever that I've ever cooked anything. So yeah, it's a big deal people!

No comments:

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge