Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweet Photogether

When I first had the idea of having a photographer's get together to try and develop a network of support and friendship, I was a little scared that no one would get the idea or even show up. However, I'm very happy to inform that I was completely wrong. Everyone who came is just so amazing and I feel so blessed to have these girls be part of my life now.

From left to right: Kara Layne, Gisele Holloway, Annie Gerber, Brenda Eden, Katina Patriquin, Gretchen Knoblock, Rachael Earl, Kym Ventola, Angie Sloan and Me - taking the picture. Can anyone with mad photoshop skills please add me to this photo?? Thanks!

It's always nice to be around people that don't think anything of you taking pictures of chairs and napkins :)

We had a lot of fun at Sugar Bowl, getting to know each other, eating, giggling and of course taking pictures. After Sugar Bowl we split up into groups to take headshots of each other. I was with Annie and Kym an we had a really great time.

Here's Annie:

Yes, she's beautiful. I know. And I think you can probably tell from the photos but I just want to say that she is just soo nice and sweet too.

And here's Kym. I LOVE Kym. Kym found out about our photogether when she went out to lunch with Melissa Jill. Melissa then called me and said she had met a photographer she thought I would get along really well with. She was soo right!
She's absolutely beautiful and in this photo she reminds me of Kate Winslet (the upgraded version of course).


I am so happy to say that our photographers' get together was a success! It was really great meeting everyone, sharing ideas and taking each other's headshots.

I am really excited for what the future holds for us. I am looking forward to the friendships and our growth as photographers.

Thank you to everyone who came and I'll see you all next month.

Make sure to check everyone's blog and leave some comments. Every photographer loves blog comments.

5 comments:

matt sloan said...

my wife is the hottest! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I could totally photoshop you in, do you have a pic of you that day??? If you send me it I can do it! I love the post of the group....so cute!

Anonymous said...

Cristi! You are the cutest! I love your photos and I love your comments! I feel so blessed to have met you.

Unknown said...

What a great idea, I'm so glad of the feedback you had :)

Mandy Hank said...

Keep me posted on the next meeting Cristi- I'd love to come, it looks like so much fun! :)

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge