Thursday, December 6, 2007

My mom's birthday

This past Tuesday was my mom's 60th birthday. Her favorite restaurant is the Cheesecake Factory so that's where we go every year to celebrate her birthday. I feel so blessed to be able to have my family so close to me. We all try to get together almost every weekend but it had been a while since we were ALL together and it was so much fun! I love my family! Have you seen the movie "Little Miss Sunshine"? I think it's a perfect portrayal of what families are all about. We are all individuals but when it comes to families we all love each other so much that the differences become insignificant and you are all there for each other and knowing you have your family to support you no matter what makes life so much more enjoyable!
My cousin just sent me the sweetest email saying how special families are and how great it is to know that we can go years without seeing or talking to each other but when we get together it feels like we just hung out the day before, and that's so true!
I often wish I was closer to my extended family (they are all in Brazil) but I do feel blessed that my husband has such a wonderful family and that I really do feel like I have cousins and uncles and aunts here.
Anyways, happy birthday mom! And thank you for our wonderful family!

No comments:

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge