Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Italy Part IV - Naples and Capri

From Rome we took a train to Naples, the most chaotic place I've ever been to (and this is coming from a girl who grew up in Sao Paulo). We stayed in a really cool Villa outside of the city and had the most authentic italian dinner in a little restaurant near our Villa. It was for sure one of the highlights of our trip for me. The next morning we took the scariest train ride of my life and the walked to the port to take a boat to Capri.

Here's the view from our room:
And these were the views from our balcony:
After we checked in, we headed straight to beach and then went for a little walk to explore for a little bit:
The next day we rode the city bus to Anacapri and went on the lift "Seggiovia Monte Solaro":
The views from the top:
Instead of taking the lift back down, we chose to hike down this beautiful trail:
I know I didn't have the right lens to take pictures of little insects, but I am going to make you look at my photos anyways. 
Because we took forever to hike down, we were cutting pretty close to the time we had to be in Capri for our boat ride. Everyone kept cutting in front of us to get on the bus, so one of the locals showed us a way to get to Capri. They have these stairs all throughout the island for pedestrians since there are no sidewalks but the entrances are hidden and they do not share this information with the tourists. I thought this guy was pretty nice to share this information with us, that is, until we started climbing stairs! Europe does not believe in handrails. It took us about 35 minutes to get all the way down I think, but we made it in time.

We charted a private boat for 2 hours that took us all the way around the island. It was so amazingly beautiful! We got to swim inside a green grotto and just relax and bask in the sun!
Here's a shot I took during our boat ride:

That night we had dinner in Capri and then thought it would be great to take the stairs back up to Anacapri to take the shuttle back to our hotel. Grrreat idea! I really don't even know how long it took us. 
Curt and I are convinced we are definitely beach vacationers. This was an amazing trip altogether but our favorite part was probably laying around in our bathing suits and enjoying some sun. 

Tomorrow I will post the last installment of our trip - Naples and Pompeii!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! You grew up in Sao Paulo Brasil??

Cristi said...

yep, sao paulo brasil :)

Unknown said...

How cool! Brasil is my favorite place to go to, although after seeing these vacation pics, I think i've found a few other places I'd like to visit! Naples and Capri look beautiful!!

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge