Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Briana's Quinceanera

Last Saturday my friend (and awesome photographer) Kym Ventola asked me to photograph Briana's Quinceanera at the Glendale Renaissance Hotel with her. This was my first quinceanera. And it was a blast!

At the beginning of the reception, Briana's dad changed her shoes from the tennis shoes to the high heels, a symbol of her leaving her childhood behind. Not bad shoes to start your adult life in!


No more tennis shoes for Briana...

Getting ready time is always my favorite time of the day. The calm before the storm :)

During portraits, while Kym was working her magic on the rest of the family, I stole Briana away for a second. Thanks for sharing Kym :)
This is Briana's youngest brother and ohmygosh, he's the cutest! He held the bouquet for me and took his job very seriously!Also during portraits I looked over and saw Briana's cousin lending a hand (or actually both hands) to help out the ladies. What a great guy!
I really enjoyed the church ceremony. The priest shared some very wise words and had some very good advice.

Before the ceremony Briana had to wait for the grand entrance. She was getting a little anxious and I was feeling really lucky that the room we were in had this really cool yellow wall:
Dancing with her dad. So adorable!
After dinner, Brianna made sure to start the party right. She performed with her friends and showed off some really cool dance moves:
Yep, there was a VIP area:
I love to dance and they had an amazing band playing all kinds of latin music and it was almost like torture not being able to dance. Although I can't promise that I didn't let a few tiny salsa moves slip out.
Kym and Mackenzie, you two are always so great to work with. Thank you!

1 comment:

Katherine Bowman said...

I've never been to one of these but have heard about them. Don't they do something similar in Brasil? Great shots, the bouquet shot is beautiful!

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge