Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm in California

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to say I'm in California right now. The weather here is so beautiful. Warm with a nice breeze and just a little humid. Perfect for me. Today I had the absolute honor of attending Jasmine Star's second workshop. It would be impossible to put into words all that I've learned today. Not just about photography but about myself as well. I also met some really wonderful people.
Jasmine is an absolute powerhouse and has a heart of gold which is completely apparent from the moment you meet her. In my mind, she's like the Oprah of the photography world. Go J*!
After a lot of talk, laughing and learning this morning we all had lunch and then went out for a little photoshoot. Tiffany and Mark are some of Jasmine's clients who came out to "model" for us. Jasmine challenged us to create images that reflect our brand and it was such a great experience. 
Vivian Tran styled the shoot and as Jasmine would say, I'm kinda smitten with her :)
Here are a couple of my images from today:
I also absolutely adored this bouquet! I'm not sure what the link to the website is so I'll add it on later when Jasmine sends out the info.
I only have my laptop and just realized I don't have my logo on it and a few other things I need to process these photos.  I will get to the rest of them when I get home tomorrow (and I will add them to my laptop so I can be ready for next time :))

8 comments:

Jenny Bishop said...

Can't wait to hear more Cristi! Love the images you posted! What a great experience! I gotta say I'm a lot jealous that you met J*! :) Her workshop is definitely on the top of my list of things to do!

Live.Love. Photography said...

So awesome! Yeah I got the email for the workshop and it was sold out like an hour later! Before it even went public! So jealy! Have fun!

Lisette Price Photography said...

Okay I'm super jealous and I love your first shot of the couple! Can't wait to see you in July! :)

Brittney Hale said...

cristi it was such a pleasure to meet you and get to know you. please stay in touch!!!

brenda said...

Cristi, how awesome!! i went to hear Jasmine* talk last summer when i was in San Diego and oh my is she funny! btw, i love your albums in the other post-- they are beautiful.

Emily Abril said...

It was great meeting you! Love your work and we will def KIT!

Deene Souza Photography said...

Hey Cristi! Had the pleasure of perusing your blog and you are the bomb girlfriend! Beautiful images! Awesome! Fun to meet you at the J* workshop. Keep in touch! I'm adding you to my "reader" (which I knew nothing about but now I do) and I'll figure out why you can't add me. :) I'll let you know!

Megan Plenge said...

Awesome pics Cristi! It was great to meet you at the workshop! Let me know when you come back to So Cal!

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge