Monday, April 6, 2009

It's my Birthday!

I'm 29! Yep, 364 days away from turning 30! Not sure why that doesn't sound as happy as turning 14, 17 or 23. It might have something to do with the fact that when someone finds out you are 23 they don't say "really, 23? you look good for 23". When you start hearing "29, really? you look good for 29". There's just something about it that makes you realize that things will start going downhill :). But honestly, I'm very happy and proud of the way I've lived the past 29 years and I can only hope and pray that the next 29 will be just as great or even better :)
I sound all happy and cheery now but I've had a little help trying to do the whole aging gracefully thing. The day before my birthday I wasn't so accepting, so I scheduled a hair appointment for that same day. I LOVE my hairdresser, Mark at Vidal Sasson. He's super talented and has the best sense of humor! So I told him I was struggling with turning 29 and his birthday happens to be just 2 days after mine, and he was much better at turning 29 than I was, so he gave me some words of wisdom and some super sassy, makes-you-feel-younger bangs or as Mark would correct me, fringe. The bangs and the pep talk definitely did the trick and I was happy to celebrate my 29th birthday the next day with my family and friends. Did I mention Mark also has a degree in Sociology? I'm sure that helped. Thanks to everyone who made my day special by leaving facebook comments, voicemails, phone calls, skype, text messages, coming over, and showering me with gifts. Life is great at any age when you have so much love around you. Now for next year I might need a mohawk.

Here I am with my much younger BFF, Trisha:

Yes, she got me a "It's my birthday button". Wait, it gets better! It was the kind that lights up. Yeah! Thanks, friend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Espera a alcanzar mis 43 aƱos, jajaja ;)

Happy birthday, my friend, and keep going on with the amazing job you are doing with your photography.

Love U!
Esther

Vivi DiLopes Adams said...

Oi Cris... I just LOVE your new haircut. You look great with bangs ... :)

Stephanie said...

Happy 29th! I hope you have a wonderful year.

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge