Friday, January 25, 2008

Karri's birthday

A few weeks before the New Year I received a phone call from a sweet girl named Jamie. It turns out she is one of my friend's best friend and was planning a surprise birthday party for her. She asked me if I wanted to be a part of it and of course I would never miss a party, especially not a surprise birthday party :)
The birthday girl is Karri. We met at the hospital, she is a CVICU nurse and it is always a treat to see her on a long day at work. She has one of the best smiles ever and such a beautiful personality.
Her best friend Jaime is equally amazing! You should have seen all the work she put in planning this party. We all met at the Cheesecake Factory (where Jamie had the waiter hang up some birthday decorations for us) and then came over to my house afterwards for toasts, cake and games. Earlier in the day Jamie came by my house to bring the cake and decorations. Everything was just so cute. She even had some fun goodie bags for us. And here is the best part: Jamie works at Philosophy and she developed my favorite shower gel ever - Baby Grace! So guess what was in my goodie bag?!! Happy birthday to me! Thanks Jamie! I love it! I'm such a dork I actually asked her to "autograph" my bottle of Baby Grace. If you've never tried this stuff, you have to! It has the best, softest scent that stays with you all day, makes your skin super soft and it works great as a make up remover too.
Oh, yes, the party... I almost forgot to talk about the cake. Soooo Yummy! It was the marble cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes and let's just say I'm most definitely ordering one for my birthday. Happy Birthday, Karri! I hope you had fun! And Jaime, it was soo nice to meet you, you are amazing and I hope to see you again soon.

The super awesome goodie bags
I think Karri had fun :)
The oh-so-yummy cake!
Karri and her gorgeous sister Patricia.

No comments:

Cristi Owen's Profile
Cristi Owen's Facebook Profile
Create Your Badge